Now that the trailer is out and we've had some time to go over it and hear online from a couple people who have been to E3, were ready to break down all the info we have. We did a bunch of this on state of the BFC this week and you can watch that at this timestamp here: State of the BFC S3e4 E3 Talk
Go to 57:55 if the timestamp doesn't work for you.
The first thing to say is that this first trailer is of AT-AT Walker Assault, which is a 20 on 20 mode. The trailer is labeled as Pre Alpha Gameplay, despite how polished the game looks, and it is running on a PS4.
Click on this gallery to scroll through the pictures with more information:
Heres a couple more pieces of information I have from scattered places which I can source more specifically later:
- The multiplayer game modes are titled Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, Blast, Drop Zone, Cargo. There are, "to be announced in the months ahead".
- Drop Zone is the 4v4 game mode according to this article, "a close quarters, infantry only 8-player mode called Drop Zone".
- The game seems to have a skilled reload option, where pressing square at a certain time in overheat significantly reduces the time between firing one clip and the next.
- When a snow speeder grapples an AT-AT, the pilot of the speeder controls a mini game to stay grappled, instead of flying in circles.
- Power ups can contain vehicles, weapons, and heroes.
- There will be no collectors editions acceding to the EAStarWars twitter. Deluxe edition will be it.
- D-Pad down will toggle between 1st and 3rd person and left and right on the D-Pad to toggle shoulder views in third person.
- Jedi must be played in third person.
- The jump button is on X on the PS4 controller according to some guy on reddit who played it.
- At the very least, there will be Jedi 1v1s in the Hero Battle Missions.
- This instagram video from EA shows footage. There is 1 empty station that shows the spawn in screen but I can't quite pause it on a frame where the text isn't blurry: Click Here for Video
- We get to see more next month at Comic Con! Source
Shoutouts to @ Demon_Blade
and @ Dark
for helping me dig up some more info from Reddit and the rest of the corners of the internet. This is the thread where we're going to post all of the info and leaks from E3 up until Comic Con. Any of you guys can contribute to this with random stuff you've found, just try to give a source for your info.