SWBF2 2005 PC - Help needed (RESOLVED)

General discussion about the console, other upcoming games, and issues pertaining to PC.
Weiss
Clan Tag: LSJ
PSN: Weiss_iX1

SWBF2 2005 PC - Help needed (RESOLVED)

Post#1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:08 am

Eyyo! I was wondering if I could get some help with regards to swbf2 2005.

I am playing on an older laptop, via Steam that is able to run the game but I am having a lot of issues.

1. The sound on the game glitches and often will repeat the same sound super fast for what seems like a dozen times in a row - kind like if your system is lagging but I'm not experiencing any other lag when it happens - like character stuttering or reduced frames or spiked ping.

2. My stamina bar is missing. At no point during a match is the gold bar shown. It's just blank space. I still have stamina, it runs out and whatnot but the animation for stamina representation isn't shown.

These are the glitches I've seen thus far.

What I've tried:

- Reinstalling
- Running the game in administrator
- Fucked with in game settings
- Gave the game full permission/ priority

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by Weiss on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[BOT]TROOPER
Clan Tag: BOT

Re: SWBF2 2005 PC - Help needed

Post#2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:27 pm

I purchased the game through GOG.com and use them to access multiplayer. I have a brand new Windows 10 computers. I have no issues. Just sharing my info as a SWBF2 PC player. I often play EU World Conquest server.

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Post#3 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:09 am

Weiss! Whatsup. I don't know anything about the game on PC really but I'll see if I can get someone to help!

Legitosity
Clan Tag: {Dark}

Post#4 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:50 am

I don't have any issues with the steam version, but try this fix.

Go into your steam library, right click swbf2, click properties and then click the tab "local files"

Try the "verify integrity of game files..." button. That should analyze all of the contents and fix errors that might have happened when downloading. Something maybe got corrupted somehow.

I've had to do that a few times for counter-strike, sometimes my game will crash or give me errors saying I can't play competitive matches but that's fixed it I think every time.

edit: if you could record the audio before you fix it, I'd love to hear it :)

Weiss
Clan Tag: LSJ
PSN: Weiss_iX1

Post#5 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:34 am

What's up @
Mike
!? How ya been? I got rid of my PS4 but a friend gave me an old laptop so I have something to do. So PC swbf2 it is!

Appreciate the info @
[BOT]TROOPER
! Thanks man!

@
Legitosity
, so I ended up fixing it last night after the scrim. That is what I did for my sound problem.

A. Right-Click on "Star Wars Battlefront II" in Steam
B. Select Properties
C. Click "Set launch options"
D. Place "/audiomixbuffer 50" (without quotes) into the field and click OK
E. Close the properties window for "Star Wars Battlefront II"

I did a check on the game via the "verify integrity of game files..." button just now and nothing was found wrong. I wonder what's up with the stamina bar.

Legitosity
Clan Tag: {Dark}

Post#6 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Where did you figure out to add audiomixbuffer? I've never seen that before, I wonder what other launch options there are.

Smith

Post#7 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi Weiss. I had the audio bug you described when I was playing on my older laptop, but I think it was due to my frames capping out at 60ish and fluctuating down as low a 40. If you're certain it's not due to dropped frames though that's not too helpful :|

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Post#8 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:50 am

Weiss wrote:What's up @
Mike
!? How ya been? I got rid of my PS4 but a friend gave me an old laptop so I have something to do. So PC swbf2 it is!
I've been good! That's a shame about your PS4, but I'm glad you have something to do!

Thanks for helping with suggestions guys.

Return to “PC Discussion”