That's a Wrap

Talk about anything gaming or not gaming related.
Scarz
Analyst
Analyst

That's a Wrap

Post#1 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:56 am

Hey Guys,

I never made an official post about my "retirement" from the game since I knew I might sneak in a few battles during season 15 but here it is.

So here we are nearly 14 years later, much older, wiser and more experienced. Not just in the sense of gaming but in life. I know just like me, all of you have grown beyond what we ever imagined when we were 13 years old. As all of us grew, we shared our lives with each other through the years. We all had our milestones, whether it be graduating highschool, college, getting married, getting a job ect. Through it all there was one thing in common we shared, battlefront. Not to be too soft but I can't tell you how much this game meant to me. I may have come off as I didn't care or just some fgt trying to troll or flame people because I was an asshole but I genuinely love this community and was just a young stupid kid (and still am) when I said those things. I'm not saying sorry for any actions I've done but I'm having an heartfelt moment so let me have it.

There's really so much I wish I could say but at the end of the day it really just comes down that we all loved this game. I sure the community will stick around for maybe a couple more seasons or atleast a mix match here and there but for me it’s over. I’d like to talk about the individual people that have had an impact on my life/career but there’s honestly too many to list. To those who were closest to me (you know who you are), I just want to say thank for everything, you changed my life, I am the man I am today because of you, for the better or worse.

Going to steal a quote from the smash documentary/fight club, “How much can you know about yourself if you’ve never been in a fight?” This was our fight through those long summer nights, the boring christmas breaks, the school nights where we just wanted to find some sort of meaning... And goddamnit did I not enjoy every fucking second of it. I played sports my entire life and I can tell you this was by far the most competitive. Let’s be honest, all these battles and rivalries mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. However, what really defines meaning? Meaning to one person can mean a totally different thing to another. We found meaning and purpose in this fucking stupid broken ass 3rd person beautifully crafted artwork of a video game. I know none of you would trade any of those moments for anything in the world. That to me is the definition of meaning, those moments were we as an unique individuals define what it is important to us.

I’m sort of all over the place with this post and wish I could find the right words but it’s like trying to some up your entire life into a few short paragraphs. Not saying this was my entire life but it was a huge part of it that i wouldn't trade in for anything. I will always love this game and love this community. I hope everyone that reads this post has a successful and beautiful life not because I like you, but because you may at some point shared an experience with me in this game or in some other form.

Felt appropriate to make this post on Christmas.
2005-2018
Hell of a ride boys.

With love thank you,

Scarz

p.s. see u next season
Show Userbars & Awards

LAK
Competition Committee Member
PSN: LAK_Of_NOS
XBL: MetalSnorLAK

Re: That's a Wrap

Post#2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:59 am