Next Upcoming Tournament for PS4

Suggestions and ideas for the site, competitions, or other constructive critiques.
iiGoHamOnYou
Clan Tag: MMR
PSN: iiGoHamOnYou

Next Upcoming Tournament for PS4

Post#1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:03 pm

With R and TWAT finals for dropzone 3 finishing up this next week. There has been a lot of talk lately in the community that the next tournament will be focused on droid run. That would be cool but I just wanted to give an idea for the next tournament.

I propose we try out a multi mode tournament.
I'll show an example:
Map 1- Cargo
Map 2- Dropzone
Map 3-Cargo
Map 4- Dropzone
Map 5 - Cargo
Or you can play 3 games of Dropzone/2 cargo games, I know that it would be a problem picking with order they play out, so the higher seed would choose the game mode for map 1 and the lower seed would have first map selection, etc.

On a side note the rules for Dropzone 3 tournament were the best rule set I've seen yet in SWBF 3 tournaments. It runs very well in scrims and the matches I've watched on SWBFC Twitch are great.

The rules can be the same as the dropzone 3 rules or we can get rid of star cards.. so it would be no star cards allowed , no traits, charge cards, dlc blasters all banned - a multi mode blaster/jetpack tournament.

Everyone in the PS4 community understands that there are teams out there who prefer to play dropzone or cargo exclusively.

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Re: Next Upcoming Tournament for PS4

Post#2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:52 pm

Its not definitely going to be Droid Run so idk why people would be saying that. We won't know until Friday at the earliest because the competition committee is in the process of voting for what game mode it will be right now. Cargo or Blast could also win the vote.

I like the multi mode idea, but it would take a long time for the committee to agree or vote on the mode and map picking methods, so its harder to include in the game mode poll. I had an idea a long time ago where the higher seed picks 3 modes and the lower seed picks 3 maps for those modes. It was also for best of 5, but any of the 4 smaller modes could be picked, not just Drop Zone and Cargo. Something similar to this is up as a category on our open ladder too.

Team A Mode - Team B Map - Team A Faction
Team B Mode - Team A Map - Team B Faction
Team B Mode - Team A Map - Team B Faction
(^This wouldn't work perfectly if teams were only playing 1 side of a Cargo map though)

There are downsides though, being 3 out of 5s and having to remake the lobby many more times because of changing modes would make these matches much longer than what most SWBF 3 players have been used to. I myself would be fine with a longer match but I understand that dealing with making the private lobbies is really aggravating. The best we could do is maybe include it in the game mode poll and see if it is appealing to the members. Enzo is one other person I think who was asking for a multi mode competition awhile ago, but he isn't really around here anymore it seems.

I would not be a fan of a ruleset that takes away all Star Cards besides the jetpack. If you do that, there are so many better video games to be playing as a competitive shooter than this one. The very mild strategic depth of choosing Star Card hands and weapons is the only thing that is even slightly unique to this game, and even then its not like other games don't have similar methods of picking equipment. If it is stripped down too much I feel there is no reason to play it over Counter Strike or Halo, for example.

iiGoHamOnYou

Post#3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:28 am

Mike wrote:Its not definitely going to be Droid Run so idk why people would be saying that.

;)

It's ok Mike. Shit happens.

Wicked
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Tag: [R]
PSN: Wicked_Bvllet-

Post#4 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:42 am

He said that as in "It's not 100% going to be Droid Run", due to the fact our vote hadn't completed yet. Nothing about what he had said was shady or a lie.
Image x5

iiGoHamOnYou

Post#5 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:09 pm

I never said anything was shady or a lie you freak. I just said shit happens lol.

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Post#6 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:58 pm

iiGoHamOnYou wrote:
Mike wrote:Its not definitely going to be Droid Run so idk why people would be saying that.

;)

It's ok Mike. Shit happens.

Yea at the time of my first post on February 15th, the committee was still voting on the game mode poll. It ended on the next day on the 16th with Droid Run winning.

Return to “Suggestions and Ideas”