Banning the ee-3 in swbf competitive?

Suggestions and ideas for the site, competitions, or other constructive critiques.
silverfoxjedi
PSN: silverfoxjedi

Re: Banning the ee-3 in swbf competitive?

Post#31 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:10 pm

For what it's worth, having played in the last Cargo tourny briefly (2 matches) and experiencing how prolific and devastating the EE-3 can be when used at its max ability, it has discouraged all of my team frim playing in any more tournaments.

I don't know what the solution is and when you start nanning stuff where do you stop? Just thought I'd give the feedback as it appears to me that this weapon is a negative influence in attracting new teams.

Furthermore, why ban something like scatter gun when EE-3 used at that level
is just as brutal.

Cassady1998
Clan Tag: 322/R3
PSN: Cassady1998

Post#32 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Let's just ban everything but melee lol
Last edited by Cassady1998 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beerus70
Clan Tag: 322
PSN: Beerus70

Post#33 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Agree with Kappy on this, 100%. Players shouldn't decide as they go what's to be used, can you imagine if the nfl was like this, it's all agenda based to give someone an avantage. Nerfing good players is like asking Lebron or Steph to take it easy on lesser players, are you kidding, earn it. I think we already have some balance anyway, it's called triangles and it makes a 6v6 possible instead of the crowded mess it is now without triangles, I think it's the reason why everyone wants a 4v4. How about we ban roll, mine doesn't work anyway, and when did grenade spam become skillful. You want more people involved then allow the game to be played with triangles and I assure you things will be mixed up, if that's what's the goal of this anyway. Just my opinion, I'll roll with anything you guys decide.

Xycod
PSN: Xycod

Post#34 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:55 pm

@
Reviem

I agree, lets get a poll to ban power weapons. And if we're here setting polls for everything that people suggest, may I throw something out there?

SUGGESTION 1:

Can we get a poll to do unique star cards (Besides jetpack)? It could be a nice class/role system and there's less grenade spam.

SUGGESTION 2:

I am aware that I am on a team with a staff member on it. @
iiGoHamOnYou
, I am proposing that all tournament organization should be up to people not on a team, or participating in the tourney at all. It is a conflict of interest and it will make it fair for all teams.

It'd be nice to get a poll for these but hey, its just a video game if it doesn't, then it doesn't GG lol

Also, can I say that I agree with both Kappy and Wookie? Kappy makes a good point about the voting and Wookie does as well because of comp communities that have thrived have voted. However, lemme get give y'all my take on this (not that it matters I'm trash):

**********ITS EITHER WE VOTE ON EVERYTHING OR NOTHING AT ALL! NONE OF THIS INCONSISTENT CRAP! ITS EITHER THE BFC SETS UP THE RULES, OR THE COMMUNITY GETS A SAY IN LITERALLY EVERYTHING, LEAVING THE STAFF AS MEDIATORS**************

Whatever the result of any poll is, Its just fun to compete with the BFC and I have a ton of respect for all the players. This isn't a bash at anyone, I just want the community to thrive and have more people come in

LA_Galaxy_17
Analyst
Analyst
Clan Tag: TRA
PSN: LA_Galaxy_17

Post#35 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:27 pm

For anybody still interested in playing in a Competitve Battlefront Tournament on PS4 that still allows the EE-3 Blaster Rifle I have a tournament i'm hosting that has it. It's a 2v2 Drop Zone Tournament I'm hosting on my YouTube Channel.
-YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl5kuO ... uA24xpm47g
-To enter the tournament follow this link: https://www.toornament.com/tournaments/ ... nformation

Xycod
PSN: Xycod

Post#36 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:41 pm

@
LA_Galaxy_17
Chris and I have signed up! Should be fun, looking forward to it bro

HoboMan6525
Analyst
Analyst
Clan Tag: TskT
PSN: HoboMan6525

Post#37 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:45 pm

@
Xycod

I completely agree with you. All or nothing on the voting. Yet if we want to go vote on everything wouldn't it be better to just have a representative from every team sit down and go over every item in the game and sort out a rule set on every mode for future tournaments? Ive drafted a rule set for every possible game mode and idea for a unique tournament that ive been able to think about, including classes. If theres interest then ill make a suggestion topic about any one of them. Im all for classes its what id prefer to see in this community and what ive suggested be done.
"There's always a bigger fish."

Sherlock2220
PSN: Sherlock2220

Post#38 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:37 pm

Hello SWB players,in my opinion instead ban EE-3 why dont ban elite controlers,EE-3 is a normal weapon i play with that ,but with elite controler is a monster ,off course people have them Want EE-3 1 vs 1 situation is a carnage,is not skill!

Think with me this is a tournament ,why have diferrent controlers ,why not the same controlers ,everyone have ps4 controler ,is easy to see who use that ,so i think have 2 options or ban EE-3 or elite controlers.

OR the finalists of the tournament is always the same teams,i dont said if they play with normal controler they dont be finalist, its all about competitive.

Where is the competition in 1 vs 1 ,elite controler vs ps4 controler,Think about that,ITs unfair...

The only think matter is the Skill so dont use that,i dont will buy a controler +100 $ just for the tournament.....

The point is you are good? Play with normal controler ,dont be afraid.

Is my opinion :)

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Post#39 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:08 pm

You guys went a bit all over the place with the topic now... I'll just respond to some stuff.

You guys should be asking teams to ban Pulse Cannon / Bowcaster with gentleman's agreements if your team doesn't like them. Remember Drop Zone 1 where most off the matches had Triangle Cards banned with agreements? And then because of that we adapted it to the default rule set for Cargo 1?

In terms of polling the EE-3 but not everything else possible. I agree with guys, but on the other hand I think the EE-3 is the only thing in the game in this unique spot, where it is clearly the best, but it also seems many players enjoy it being that way. This is perhaps unique enough to warrant a poll.

In terms of people that play making the rules... maybe in an ideal world it would be best to have people who aren't going to sign up making the rules, but don't expect it to ever happen. There is just no reason for someone to care enough about this game to host a good tournament for it, but not play the game. Also I am not sitting out because of any reason that has to do with this. I could just as easily sign up too, but my team doesn't seem to want to play anymore, and because of that neither do I.

Talking about classes or a different tournament completely, make a new topic, I think it's too late to change the rules that drastically to classes with specific hands for this tournament since the sign ups are already up.

In terms of controllers / other input methods I will say what I say every time...
There is no rule which states that different controllers can't be used, but there is a rule which states no cheating. I do think some staff members would consider this to be cheating. However, in all of the PS4 tournaments no one has ever officially disputed the result of a match for this reason.

Furthermore in terms of why don't we ban certain types of controllers or whatever with a specific rule, it is extremely hard to enforce. We play this game online, miles apart from one another. It is extremely hard to prove anything. It would basically be impossible to enforce a rule like that. I feel like this is also why no one disputes matches based on controllers, because it's next to impossible to prove anything. If anyone were to dispute a match result because of this though, we would take a look at the evidence they have and determine if we felt cheating was happening or not. That day just hasn't ever come.

vonSchlepp
PSN: vonSchlepp

Post#40 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 pm

Mike wrote:In terms of people that play making the rules... maybe in an ideal world it would be best to have people who aren't going to sign up making the rules, but don't expect it to ever happen.

DISCLAIMER: I don't play competitive anymore and have no affiliations with any team.

The loadout ruleset can be made just from reading this thread...

LOADOUT RULES:
1) Banned Guns: EE-3, EE-4, TL-50, A180
All other guns are limited to one per team.

2) Banned Traits: All

3) Banned Middle Star Cards: All

4) Banned Side Star Cards: Pulse Cannon, Bowcaster, Scattergun, Bactabomb, Shock Grenade, Medical Droid
All other Side Star Cards are limited to one per team excluding jetpack.

If tracking and enforcing all this is a problem, have the teams lock down each member's loadouts and post them prior to the match in their respective game matches. These posts can then be quickly compared with any video footage to resolve any violations/complaints.

Just my two cents. :)

Return to “Suggestions and Ideas”