DLT-19X Tournament

Suggestions and ideas for the site, competitions, or other constructive critiques.
quitegoneG
Clan Tag: ARMGDN
PSN: quitegoneG

DLT-19X Tournament

Post#1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:48 am

I have talked with many of the players(322, MMR, BAE, A.C., TuskenTribe, etc.) in the community and they all would love to play a DLT-19x tourney. Everyone would run 19x with jump pack, cycler, and berserker trait- no triangle. I'm wondering what it would take to get this set up?

xKappYx28
Clan Tag: Ruthless
PSN: KAPPYkilla | R-KappY

Re: DLT-19X Tournament

Post#2 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Best chance is to run it yourself like Galaxy's 2v2 tournament
PSN - KAPPYkilla | R-KappY
YOUTUBE - https://www.youtube.com/user/xKappYx28
TWITCH - xKappYx28

HoboMan6525
Analyst
Analyst
Clan Tag: TskT
PSN: HoboMan6525

Post#3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Im the undefeated 19x 1v1 champion. Best to just give me the title now xD
For real though you should allow bost serker and sharpshooter. I prefer berserker but i know a lot of guys who prefer sharp shooter.
"There's always a bigger fish."

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Post#4 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:49 am

That is a lot of players who all want this then. I think it might be a little too unique to have it as the next main tournament, but I can see it being a side tournament in between if that many people want it.

Or if people want to run their own stuff like Galaxy has done that's fine too. I would be down to help a little bit with that too.

Get all of the people who want this as a tournament to post in here. Also have them weigh on if they want just Berserker or both Berserker and Sharpshooter. I think both could be good as you can have people going for no-scopes and also people "hard scoping". But if the idea was more based around no-scopes only, then just Bersker would make more sense.

And also get people to say how they feel about this (thanks to @
manphalanges
for the video, and Niklas for showing me it in the first place):

I'm pretty sure it is possible on PS4 from another video I saw. I think we probably would ban that maneuver for something like this unless you guys think it could be cool to use? I am not sure how it fully works, but it looks like it makes you overheat again.

quitegoneG
Clan Tag: ARMGDN
PSN: quitegoneG

Post#5 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:45 am

Yes sharpshooter would be allowed, I just forgot to mention it. If you could help me setting it up as a side tourney that would be really cool. Alot of my friends kepp asking me to get it started. I just don't know how to go about it...

XxShadowsxX971
Clan Tag: Nomads
PSN: XxShadowsxX971

Post#6 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:12 pm

I'm Down For A DLT-19x Side Tournament :D

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Post#7 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Yes I could help with some of it. It shouldn't be too hard, just have the rules written out somewhere, which don't have to be to complicated because it is a DLT-19X only side tournament. Once that is done you could open the signups for some certain amount of time, and then when you feel you have enough teams, close the signups, pick a format, and start it up. You could use either Challonge or Toornament to make the bracket. I wouldn't recommend doing signups on Toornament anymore because they now make everyone who signs up fill out a lot of info that isn't really needed. You can always do the signups somewhere else and then use Toornament for just the bracket if you wanted.

The hard part is actually getting people to play each other because it can be hard for a large number of people's schedules to line up for this game.

Return to “Suggestions and Ideas”