PS4 Drop Zone III Sign Ups are Now Open!

News related items posted by the publishing team.
Mike
Not Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

PS4 Drop Zone III Sign Ups are Now Open!

Post#1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Hello everyone, the sign ups are now officially open for our third Drop Zone tournament on PS4.

You can sign up by clicking this link:
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
Sign ups will be open from now (it was actually up a couple days ago) until midnight eastern time on December 31st.

Please note that I believe it is extremely likely that we will be extending this signup phase past January 1st. In my experience of talking to teams, I think the signups will need to be much longer for us to get a solid number of teams, just like with Drop Zone II and Cargo II. Twenty or sixteen would be nice, or basically any number we can do a group stage with. If the signups get to drag on for too long and we have to end them at an odd number, then we will most likely have to do a different format like double elim.

We had 20 teams sign up for our Cargo II on PS4, that number of 20 doesn't include about 3 or so teams that registered a bit late. So a good goal in my opinion would be to get 20 or greater teams. The real goal is to get as many as possible, as always. If you guys could please tell your friends / teammates / rivals what the signup link is, that would be greatly appreciated. (You can copy and paste from the PS4 browser into PSN messages).

As usual I will wait approximately 1 week into the signup phase to see who signs up of their own accord or through the efforts of you guys, and then I will start posting on the DICE forums, reddit, the reddit discord, PSN communities, and sending PSN messages to past teams and new teams if I find any.

The rules are still being discussed, and after that they get voted on. Once thats done I will make a draft for myself, check it over, and post the final version as soon as its done being formatted and everything. If you have questions about the rules right now, you can ask any competition committee person or me and I can find out an answer for you most likely.

Mike
Not Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Re: PS4 Drop Zone III Sign Ups are Now Open!

Post#2 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:53 am

Okay so the first deadline to sign up for Drop Zone 3 has passed about 40 minutes ago.

I am extending the deadline to sign up for Drop Zone 3 by about one week, or until we get to a cap of 16 teams, whatever comes first. So the new deadline is midnight eastern time on the night of January 7th, 2017. If we get a lot more than 16 signups then I might change the cap to accommodate more. As of right now, we are at 11 teams.

I figured this deadline would be extended anyway, but I have to do this. We can't start the tournament right now because the rules are not done. Currently the bottleneck is that the PS4 competition committee has to vote on what they want the rules to be so we can write them up. This needs to happen before the next deadline in order for this to start.

Return to “News”