Xbox One Drop Zone Sign Ups are Now Open!

News related items posted by the publishing team.
Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Xbox One Drop Zone Sign Ups are Now Open!

Post#1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:10 pm

Hello everyone, the sign ups are now officially open for our first Drop Zone tournament on Xbox One.

You can sign up by clicking this link:
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
We only need one email for your team, team captains should just put the same email for all their players. Sign ups will be open from now until midnight eastern time on March 30th. I am setting the initial signup deadline for a little less than 2 weeks from today for now, but this could be extended depending on how many teams get. EDIT: Signups have been extended until Monday, April 3rd.

Thanks to the efforts of @
Vesper
, we should have at least 8 teams that are willing to sign up for this. With a minimum number of 8 I feel we can at least do something small for Xbox One. That being said, if we can get way more than 8 teams that would be awesome. The more the better so hopefully some more teams emerge during the sign up phase. The goal was always to have tournaments on all 3 systems for SWBF 3 and hopefully we can accomplish that now.

Normally, I would like to post the full rules before I post the signups, but for now it seems I will only be able to post some initial drafts of the rules. There are still some things I am working out.

Now, I want to stress that it is very important for the team / clan leaders of teams on Xbox One to register on this site and use the forum topics that we will make for your match-ups to organize your matches. I do not own an Xbox One. On PS4 I do a lot of work sending messages to make sure teams play their matches because the majority of them no longer visit the site. I don't think I can do this on Xbox One at this time. Its partially my fault that most of the PS4 players don't use the forums to organize their matches, but since we are just starting with Xbox One it would make everything run a lot smoother if everyone can organize here.

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin

Re: Xbox One Drop Zone Sign Ups are Now Open!

Post#2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:54 pm

I have just finished doing most of the initial work for the rules of this tournament. I worked off of suggested rules from @
Vesper
who was speaking to the Xbox One clan leaders to get a feeling of what the majority of the teams wanted. I went by what we talked about completely except for a couple small things. For example I thought it was a better idea to just ban Dioxis Grenade rather than allow it. Even though its not very powerful, if the Xbox One teams are used to not having to deal with DLC in organized matches its best to ban it by default because it can be a little bit annoying in Drop Zone after a team is already set up on a pod. You guys can find everything you need to know about the tournament here:
viewforum.php?f=138
If any of you see any mistakes in the rules posts please let me know so that I can fix them.

I think overall that this is a very good ruleset that has been suggested for this tournament. The only thing I would worry a little about is the fact that the DH-17 is banned. For one tournament on PS4 this gun was limited to 1 per team, however we found that the EE-3 simply outclasses the gun in most scenarios. The gun is easier to use than the EE-3, (which is why players wanted it banned), but this resulted in newer teams who did not have any players that were already using the EE-3 getting outclassed. That's not necessarily a bad thing on its own, but in my opinion new teams getting discouraged after losing badly is a large factor in why the amount of clans on the game lower as time goes on. I would encourage skilled teams of all EE-3 players to allow newer teams to use the DH-17 in gentleman's agreements. That being said idk how good of an idea you all have on the strength of various teams as this is our first tourney, but I have heard there have been others so maybe there is some consensus.

At the time of me making this post, there are 5 teams that have signed up for the tournament. Once we have a finalized number of teams, we can figure out what the format of the tournament will be.

fifabeast707
Clan Tag: DZT
XBL: Genciii

Post#3 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:13 pm

My thoughts on the ee3.
I honestly think the ee3 should be limited to one teammate like the bowcaster and pulse cannon.The ee3 is easily the best weapon in battlefront it outclasses almost every gun in the game gunskill wise and range wise its great for all ranges and if you land a head shot,(that is easier than perhaps than landing a headshot with the e11 or a280c due to the ee3s laser like shots)its a 2 shot at all ranges except for really long range.The personally think the ee3 is way too good because it can do almost everything that a "perfect blaster" can do.Ive used the ee3 more than any other gun in the game in pubs and pugs and i cant get outgunned by another gun, the only guns i get outgunned is by a ee4/ee3 user in pubs and ee3 users in pugs because that the only gun the use and i dont blame them i tried to use a se14c,a2080c,e11, even the dh17 in pugs and you cannot outgun mostly anyone opposing you using a ee3 to its full potential.Those are my thoughts on the ee3 in this game and i hope the would be limited in the future.

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin

Post#4 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Yea thanks for bringing that up, I also think the EE-3 is the best gun in the game, like I said when I was talking about the DH. I know the EE-4 is also really good but it hasn't been allowed in tourneys on PS4 yet and I don't think it ever will be, but it might even beat that gun, idk.

But that being said I am not sure if I would want to limit it or ban it myself. If it was limited to 1 per team it might result in a situation where the 1 player on each team who has the gun becomes a great deal harder to kill than the others to the point where they matter a lot more. I am not sure if it would be that big of a thing, but some people who aren't the ones using the EE-3 might not like it though.

In our last PC tournament, it was banned fully along with the SE-14C. On PC its a little different. I feel a big part of them banning the gun in scrimmages and in our last tourney had to do with players having to purchase a good mouse to compete with other mice on all the burst fire weapons.

Anyways I'll just briefly state the counter argument I have seen from players who like the EE-3. I don't necessarily think this, but I do see it as a valid argument for sure. Basically they say that its alright that the EE-3 is the best gun in the game, because it is at least harder to use / master than the DH-17. This makes it so that even if all players are using the EE-3, it doesn't necessarily make the game stale / boring / unfair because the gun is difficult to use perfectly.

I fully expect that the teams on Xbox One that go far in this tournament, just like on PS4, will mostly be consist of all EE-3 users. But I also think that just like on PS4 we will see some interesting and unexpected things that will make the matches cool. @
fifabeast707
if you are competing in this, I just want to remind you that if you feel strongly about something you can ask your opponents to ban if they hate it too as a gentleman's agreement. Also if the other Xbox One teams wanted to post more opinions about it I think we can still change things up until the start date.

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin

Post#5 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:05 am

Alright so the deadline for signups that we initially set has just passed. In that time we got 9 teams.

We have decided to extend the signup phase until Monday, April 3rd. We think a few more teams are planning to sign up over this coming weekend.

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin

Post#6 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:51 am

The signups for teams are now closed, we got 10 teams. I'm going to be randomizing the seeds and making the groups tonight.

Return to “News”