Poll for Next PS4 Tournament Game Mode

News related items posted by the publishing team.
Wicked
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Tag: [R]
PSN: Wicked_Bvllet-

Re: Poll for Next PS4 Tournament Game Mode

Post#11 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:12 pm

DICE said that every DLC and every update will be free to everyone, which is excellent. I feel like no one credits DICE for doing that. Very few games, especially, EA games, don't have some sort of DLC pay pack so this is definitely a step moving in the right direction.

As for pay to win, since there are microtransactions, it does sound a little bit scary, however they did say you can play the game to unlock EVERYTHING you could with micro-transactions so it's not too bad. Plus, DICE has mentioned the idea of pay-to-win and how they are going to try very hard to avoid making the game act as one.
Image x5

=BA=Deadman
Clan Tag: =BA=
PSN: DHart14

Post#12 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:05 pm

Wicked wrote:DICE said that every DLC and every update will be free to everyone, which is excellent. I feel like no one credits DICE for doing that. Very few games, especially, EA games, don't have some sort of DLC pay pack so this is definitely a step moving in the right direction.

As for pay to win, since there are microtransactions, it does sound a little bit scary, however they did say you can play the game to unlock EVERYTHING you could with micro-transactions so it's not too bad. Plus, DICE has mentioned the idea of pay-to-win and how they are going to try very hard to avoid making the game act as one.

I agree it is excellent and encouraging but I don't think we should be crediting DICE for doing what the industry is shifting towards. In my opinion it's more of a business decision than a "let's look out for the gamers" decision. Not really a secret that people were pissed about EABF costing $110 and the obvious lack of content. I would bet the EA execs saw how quickly the playerbases diminished in EABF and BF1 and were worried that people wouldn't fall for the season pass again so they went the dlc method that they felt would profit the most but by doing that method they likely have to add more content so there is more shit for players to buy and so it benefits the gamer as well as the company.

For me coming from rainbow six siege I am confident that the system that they chose works (everything that can be unlocked via micro-transactions is unlockable by just grinding) but I worry about 1. balance coming out of the gate and 2. the pricing (time spent) that EA will force on the grinders. Ubisoft has done a pretty good job of having balanced DLC operators at launch (minus blackbeard) and pricing the new shit at a reasonable amount of in game credits but looking back at battlefront's launch and the later patches that added stuff scares me. Think back to the DL44, scan pulse, homing rocket, and bowcaster at launch and then when bacta bomb was introduced, that legit got me to stop playing. DICE's inability to balance is my biggest fear for the game and thus why I said every season might be pay to win for a bit.

Yet it's Star Wars Battlefront and so I'm rooting for those who ahs at EA

Mike
Not Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Post#13 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:47 pm

I'll give DICE / EA credit when the game is out and it doesn't have as many mistakes as the last game. At the press conference they bragged that their first DLC season will have Finn and Captain Phasma for free.

Those two should be in the game from the start. There's no reason to preemptively separate them into the DLC other than to be able to brag that they are giving out free DLC with cool characters. It's great that the full game will cost less overall, but I have no faith in EA that they won't find some way to get us to give them money on top of the price of the game.

I felt like Siege was alright in terms of unlocking the new characters. I think they cost a little bit too much of the in game money but I probably just didn't play enough. If the next game is like Siege operator unlocks and we don't have to grind too hard then it will be fine. With any micro-transaction system I also worry about how they handle duplicates if they do "Star Card Packs". Or if they will let us selectively buy just the items we want.

Return to “News”