Congratulations to Tidal Waves!

News related items posted by the publishing team.
Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Congratulations to Tidal Waves!

Post#1 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:13 am

Congratulations to Tidal Waves for their victory in the Hero Showdown finals over "Coming Soon" this past Saturday. TDW won the grand finals match three maps to none. They managed to win the entire tournament in dominant fashion, through the winners bracket without ever losing a map. @
Maniac818
and @
Kromindor
played very well throughout the day. They won a prize of two $20 PlayStation Store gift card codes, one each.

The first map of the finals was Naboo. "Coming Soon" took the first round on this map but TDW was able to come back for three rounds in a row, winning 3-1. The second map was Jabba's Palace. TDW were able to win on Villains 3-0. TDW closed out the tournament on Heroes on Bespin, with a score of 3-1.

Naboo - TDW win 3-1
Jabba's Palace - TDW win 3-0
Administrator's Palace - TDW win 3-1

Great effort by both teams to make it to the finals, and again congratulations to Tidal Waves, the Hero Showdown champions!

Lastly, thank you to all the members of all 10 teams that signed up for this tournament. I hope you all enjoyed competing. Most of the team leaders were on top of telling me map scores and we were able to finish the whole tournament in one day. This tournament went much better than I expected for a queue snipe test tournament. I even think we could have been a bit faster if we did some small things differently.

We couldn't stream / commentate any matches because this game doens't have a spectator mode, but some players recorded their own perspectives. The finals can be seen at this link:
Click Here to Watch the Finals

Maniac818
Clan Tag: TJM
PSN: MichaelxMyers_

Re: Congratulations to Tidal Waves!

Post#2 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Thanks for hosting a great tournament. Im surprised how smoothly it turned out to be. Can't wait if there's a future tournament going to come out soon.

Joda_am_i
PSN: JODA_am_i

Post#3 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Man, i missed this one. When do you think the next (PS4) tourny would be?

Also how long did it take? If you do another would i have to expect to have to be next to my ps4 for 16 hrs stright?

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin

Post#4 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Joda_am_i wrote:Man, i missed this one. When do you think the next (PS4) tourny would be?

Also how long did it take? If you do another would i have to expect to have to be next to my ps4 for 16 hrs stright?

I'm not sure about the next one. This one was more of a test to see how well queue sniping would work. It turned out surprisingly well.

No you wouldn't need 16 hours. It took about 5 hours to run the full 10 team double elim bracket. I think we could've finished in 4 hours but one side of the losers bracket was a little behind so it held us up. That, along with a couple other changes, and I think it could even be faster for a tourney with a similar amount of teams. If we got over 16 teams it might take a lot longer though.

Also, most of the tournaments we've hosted over the years are usually not one day things, so it depends. This one happened to work nicely as a one day event.

Joda_am_i
PSN: JODA_am_i

Post#5 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Very cool. Thanks for the response. Well im hopeful and excited about a future tourny. All i play is showdown! And the only game i play is battlefront2. Just need to find me a partner now

Mike
Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin

Post#6 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:46 am

Joda_am_i wrote:Very cool. Thanks for the response. Well im hopeful and excited about a future tourny. All i play is showdown! And the only game i play is battlefront2. Just need to find me a partner now

You're welcome, and sounds good, as long as you check this site every once in a while you wont miss any signups, they will be in the news section.

Return to “News”