Accept mods or get lied to

General discussion about the console, other upcoming games, and issues pertaining to Sony.
PSN: Piratebootylord

Accept mods or get lied to

Post#1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Hey, so during Wrath Vs AC this past tournament modded controllers were a big discussion. That was all because of me, I told a player the mods I used and he bough them but ended up not using them BECAUSE HE SAID HE PLAYED BETTER WITHOUT THEM. It was controversial because they were saying he was using them when he wasn't in the tournament.

Since then I have been getting much more disrespect about my mods.

Before I went into competitive I was planning on keeping my mods a secret. However the first competitive player I ever met was like "Hold on let me adjust my rapid fire" Like 1 minute into my competitive career. So I asked him if mods were okay in the community and if they were allowed and if a lot of people had them. He said yea they are allowed and said even our captain had them(He doesn't use them). So I was like damn that makes sense that mods are very common so I admitted to using them because I thought it was the usual. HOWEVER IT WAS EXTREME COINCIDENCE THE FIRST PLAYER I EVER PLAYED WITH MENTIONED HE HAD MODS ALMOST IMMEDIATELY AND SAID TONS OF PEOPLE HAVE THEM WHEN THEY DON'T. Given this, it's safe to say if this extremely unlikey scenerio didn't happen, you all would not know that I had mods. Knowing this, we can assume every other modder did not get told mods are okay and common and kept them a secret. So it is very likely several players we know just don't say anything about their mods.

I learned those few weeks ago that mods are not allowed in tournament, unless this rule is changed PirateBootyLord is going to disappear into the night and re-make my identity so that way nobody knows I have mods for battlefront 2. I won't speak to anyone whom I know will recognize my voice on my new account.

Mods should be allowed because there is no way to regulate it. The only reason it become an issue is because I admitted to using them. It's stupid to have a rule when the only way to enforce it is when somebody admits to breaking it.

Also, I don't feel like I am cheating using them either. For one, I know there are some other players who use mods and don't say anything. And second we all know many players who use key board and mouse. KBM probably provides a bigger advantage then my mods do. I will not use a normal ps4 controller just so I can get out aimed by someone with a mouse which is basically an aimbot.

Anybody who doesn't think that aimbots provide THAT much of an aiming advantage, watch this video, then show me any video where someone is using a controller and aims as good as this

So battlefront competitive you have a choice, will you allow mods besides aimbots? Or would you rather me make a new account and use mods anyways? The truth is you cant enforce any kind of anti modding rule, unless a dumbass like me admits to it.
Last edited by Piratebootylord on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clan Tag: ARMGDN
PSN: quitegoneG

Re: Accept mods or get lied to

Post#2 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:28 pm

This was my response to Pirate, "I really don't think anyone will snitch. Everyone just complains but nobody wants the drama or to be labeled a snitch... well the last part- some people don't care about haha. But I've realized like with Albert, yes the mods make him better but I know he's a really good player even if he didn't have them. Hes always in good position and mods don't do that for you. I've beaten him in straight up gun fights and anyone in the community and really it just forces me to be better"
I think the mods should be turned off and yes they give an edge, but it's not black and white for me. I don't care either way. I can still compete when mods are present, although a level playing field would be good. I'm thinking of a solution to keep everyone somewhat happy and nobody have to change their name or not play, but honestly can't come up with one. That's why Mike and Wicked get paid, and I don't. :D

PSN: StoneSwiftStrike

Post#3 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:34 pm

You cheat and still can't win, sad. It's all good though... Part of the reason I've been wanting to ban the EE-3 and possibly other burst weapons. Since people can't help but exploit.

Clan Tag: MMR
PSN: iiGoHamOnYou

Post#4 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:48 pm

And you're still shit at the game. Haha. Good riddance. The
Last edited by iiGoHamOnYou on Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Public Relations Admin
Public Relations Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Post#5 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:02 am

I have said this so many times now so I assume people just don't care, but I will say it again. There is no specific rule against whatever specific things you guys are doing to alter your controllers. However there is a rule which says no cheating. Depending on what kind of things you are doing to your controller, it could be considered cheating and it could fall under that rule. If people feel like they are snitching when they are disputing and they don't want to be, they can always submit their proof anonymously. If that was something a person disputing a match asked for I think it would be fine to not disclose who was the one disputing.

No matter what happened with AC, they never came to me and disputed the result of the match over you or anyone else on your team cheating. If they did, then we would have looked at whatever evidence they had and made a decision from there. For example we could have forfeited your team, or we could have asked you to record your perspective if you wanted to play in further rounds after that, depending on how convincing the proof was that you were gaining a significant advantage. The last tournament is over though, no issue came up.

In terms of comparing it to PC, I agree with you. No matter what you do, the amount of hacking and cheating that is possible on PC just is not possible on PS4 to my knowledge. This is because all you can do on PS4 is alter what your controller is sending to your system. On PC they can use third party programs which essentially can break the game wide open. Even using a mouse on PS4 isn't just as good as if you were on the PC version of the game. Essentially you are rebinding right analog stick to a mouse. Even if it is an advantage there are limits to what can be done.

Now I don't know what kinds of things you are doing with your controller, but from what I have heard and read about the things I think are possible could be anywhere from something relatively tame, like just using an Xbox One controller on PS4 all the way up to something which could be giving you an advantage, like a turbo button that spams the EE-3 at the perfect rates or corrects for recoil. I would definitely be interested in what specifically you had the capabilities to do.

PSN: Squishy_Nick

Post#6 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm a casual player, have been playing SWBF on PS4 for a while and it is my first online FPS. A lot of the guys on here are good players, why in hell do you need mods?! When your clans come into a Cargo match and destroy the opposition and then start emoting, its crap, what's the point? Mods, mouse and keyboard is the steroids of our game!

PSN: Deaathless

Post#7 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:21 am

Yes, while you say there is no way to regulate them, its more for pride i guess. I wont complain if people are using mods and stuff i just feel bad for them that they can't do good with a level playing field and want to make excuses as to why they use them.

I look at it this way: If Battlefront had a ps4 sponsored lan event, what would be allowed? If it wouldn't be allowed on lan I would consider it cheap and possibly even cheating. Would mods be allowed at any lan tournament? No. Of course there is no lan event but it is how I look at it. Scufs would be allowed, but no elites, mouse and keyboard, or mods. And does getting lied to make us bad people or something for not accepting mods? If your going to use them at least admit to it because its a shame that you have to lie.

But anyways use what you want just know your being cheap and that if you have mods, you should be a top player.

PSN: Piratebootylord

Post#8 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Deathless saying that using mods should make me a top player is like me saying you should be good enough to play in the NBA even if you used steroids. It still takes hours of hard work to be a top player even with mods. Second you are wrong about scufs being allowed. Scufs are third party and not allowed in any lan competitions. Xbox elite controllers are made by microsoft and are allowed at lan tournaments for money. At least on xbox.

And I can make excuses on why it's fair to use mods. For one we all know plenty of players that use kbm. Secondly as I explained in my first post everybody is going to lie about using a cronus max I just got unlucky because of circumstance and I thought that a ton of people used them.

I don't think it's cheating if it's unregulated. Yes it may be breaking an honor code, but unenforcable rules aren't even rules to me. It's like the ee4, it's dishonorable to use on public matches, but not against the rules. I would always use ee4 if it wasn't enforcably banned in competitive

Clan Tag: Touch
PSN: TouchMyW00KlE

Post#9 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Lol you don't know what you are talking about. Scuffs and elite controllers are both allowed at MLG lan events. Tournaments not run by MLG have their own independent rules. But MLG is the main console organization

DropZone 3 Champions

Droid Run 1 Champions

Cargo 3 Champions

Render eSports Cargo Champions

1st Place Gamebattles Winter '16

PSN: Deaathless

Post#10 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:41 pm

lol have you ever watched a lan tournament? They all use scuf, and most big players are also sponsored by them.

Return to “PS4 Discussion”