Population Growth for future tournaments. (There is a new hope)

General discussion about the console, other upcoming games, and issues pertaining to Sony.
Logic_Scope
PSN: LOGIC--SCOPE

Population Growth for future tournaments. (There is a new hope)

Post#1 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:31 pm

Hey guys, just thought id show everyone this video as an example of how the future tournaments on the SWBFC could be populated with more than 16 teams. Velo plays competitive

iiGoHamOnYou
Clan Tag: MMR
PSN: iiGoHamOnYou

Re: Population Growth for future tournaments. (There is a new hope)

Post#2 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:04 pm

I've been working on reaching out to big YouTubers and a bunch of people in Instagram. This video with velociraptor went very well. I have two decent teams signing up for our next tournament and have at least ten friend request all from players wanting to participate in our future tournaments and scrims from that ONE YouTube video. Although many of these people I come in contact with want a HvV tournament, I wouldn't mind if that's what it takes to bring in more teams.

I made an Instagram specifically for battlefront to reach out and find more teams. I found a small community named "The Elites" ran by player "the frights". They are currently running a tournament with at least 30 players. It's a multi mode tournament with small game modes and they set up the participants on random teams. They only do matches on weekends but have had at least 3 games played a day for the last month. I have the leader the frights of the Instagram tournament signing his team up into our next tournament, he will hopefully bring all those participants with him.

I recommend we set up an Instagram account for the BFC. More uploads/streams to the BFCYouTube account where we can upload our matches would help a lot. Our Twitter account for BFC is great to keep the current players updated but the community on Instagram and YouTube for Battlefront is huge, especially YouTube. If the admins need any help with setting anything up I can help.
For now I will keep trying to reach out to players on YouTubers and Instagrams to bring more competition in. Any help would be appreciated.

Check out http://www.youtube.com/MJKelzzz

He's been uploading the Instagram tournament matches.

Snide_Snyder
Clan Tag: CwS
PSN: Snide_Snyder

Post#3 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:18 am

I have all of our matches saved if you would like those, so does Villa. @
iiGoHamOnYou

ooxxo-
Clan Tag: ygg
PSN: ooxxo-

Post#4 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:28 am

is there anyone i can add to be invited to some friendly scrims? I usually just play public cargo matches (as i don't know any of the comptetive players on this game), but those are getting boring. and with my other friends not playing as actively as they use to, it'll be cool to play with out players who know and appreciate the game the way i do.

iiGoHamOnYou
Clan Tag: MMR
PSN: iiGoHamOnYou

Post#5 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:52 pm

ooxxo- wrote:is there anyone i can add to be invited to some friendly scrims? I usually just play public cargo matches (as i don't know any of the comptetive players on this game), but those are getting boring. and with my other friends not playing as actively as they use to, it'll be cool to play with out players who know and appreciate the game the way i do.

You can add myself for staters

iiGoHamOnYou

Snide_Snyder

Wicked_Bvllet-

L0GIC--SCOPE (the first 0 is a zero)

Promatikzzz

Reviem

Snide_Snyder
Clan Tag: CwS
PSN: Snide_Snyder

Post#6 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:37 pm

@
iiGoHamOnYou
@
ooxxo-
... Guys my name is Snide_Snyder not Snide_Synder lol.... If you guys only knew how many times people called me Synder in real life..... But add me on PSN, look forward to playing with you (no homo).

Mike
Not Admin
PSN: Mike_Fullerton

Post#7 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Its really good that you guys are finding more teams who want to get involved. The more teams we can get the better obviously.

Usually when we are in tourney sign up phase I try to focus on retaining the old teams as best I can. So for this last tourney for example I sent out about 35 or more group messages on PSN to all the teams who had not signed up yet, but did play in the other past competitions; Drop Zone I, Cargo I, and the ladder. I usually include most of the players from their roster too, so even the people who might've been less involved will know about it. I know some of them get aggravated getting bugged about it with PSN group messages, so I might stop asking some of the teams that haven't played since our first tourney or don't respond.

From what I understand a lot of players get discouraged after competing and losing. And I don't blame them, getting destroyed isn't really that fun. This happens on SWBF2 ladders too. Its hard to get teams who aren't that great (because they don't play that much) to consistently want to play over and over. There are a couple though so that's good. Other than the discouragement another reason teams don't return, from what I hear is that they just play other games now instead.

Our first tournament on PS4 we had 26, then for the second one we had 24, for the ladder we had around 20, and most recently we are at 16. I definitely want to stay at 16 at least, its a pretty nice number as a minimum.

I still believe that if DICE included private matches in the game when it came out we would of had many more teams, because I think a lot of people who would've played in clan matches got rid of or stopped playing the game in that period between when the game came out in November to when they added private servers in January.

Another good thing you guys could maybe do is try to add add / message the good players you see when playing in public servers. There are still a lot of total players out there so getting them informed would really help. I really wish DICE included voice chat or message chat with public server teammates on PS4. At least you can do chat messages on PC.

The plan is to put all our matches on YouTube like usual, but during the Cargo tournament, the export to YouTube feature on Twitch kinda stopped working for me. But I can try again at some point, everything that was streamed was highlighted on Twitch so nothing has been lost.

Lastly I also go to the DICE official forums for the game, and I go into the threads where clans are trying to recruit members, and I let the clan leader know that they can do clan battles here, that got us a couple teams.

zediscot
Clan Tag: Tricom
PSN: Rebel with a cause
XBL: W00tnessPenguin

Population Growth for future tournaments There is a new hope

Post#8 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:38 pm

I would like to echo that the Original Post is fantastic and I agree with it. Nice icons Are they umm, available for use under the creative commons license?

d0kt0r_X
PSN: d0kRX

Post#9 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:40 pm

Could also post on the community discord server that was made by WayGoodBro. There are players in there that have played in tourney's on there though.

Return to “PS4 Discussion”