Introducing Your Competition Committee

Any important information pertaining to the ladders and tournaments or the website.
Scarlettella
PSN: Scarlettella

Introducing Your Competition Committee

Post#1 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:20 pm

SWBFC, I just wanted to post and introduce you to your Competition Committee.

Chair:
    Scarlettella (Non Affiliated - no team)
Members:
    Wicked (R)
    Reviem (APOC)
    Cheecheeochoa (CWS)
    TimeCrusade (N2F)
    xIPhantomIx (ROR)
    EnzoTiezzi (JKW)
    BoMbeR (LSJ)
    TPack88 (Non Affiliated)

Please feel free to message myself, or any of these members with ideas or suggestions that you may have for upcoming tournament modes, formatting or rules and we'll discuss it. Our goal as a committee is to create fair, and balanced rulesets for our upcoming tournaments.

vonSchlepp
PSN: vonSchlepp

Re: Introducing Your Competition Committee

Post#2 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:46 pm

Just wondering how this committee was chosen and why the process was done privately behind closed doors instead of being open and transparent?

I see one team has 2 representatives, 5 teams have 1 representative and all other teams have 0 representatives.

Why wasn't there a nomination process where active people in the community could have been put forward for consideration? An example of a prime candidate would be Tpack88, who commentates community matches on his own without support and has some good ideas on tournament procedures for the future.

Scarlettella

Post#3 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Who do you think are on the same teams? Each team should only have one representative. The committee was chosen by looking back through our past teams and seeing who has been with us for a while. This committee is just the start, more members can be added, and will be.

I already want to bring Tpack into the committee, it is something I just haven't brought up yet because I was busy this weekend.

If you have someone you think should be on the committee, please tell me. We are totally open to other members joining, this group isn't closed. So please, tell me, and I will bring it up. Again, this is just a start to the committee. More can, and will be added.

Wicked
Site Admin
Site Admin
Clan Tag: [R]
PSN: Wicked_Bvllet-

Post#4 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Okay, chill out. We reached out to each team that was around for at least 2 tournaments that was active in those tournaments as you had said. In terms of activity, every one of those players has made a comment or post in our committee working on rules. The activity part is irrelevant. Also, Im assuming youre saying CheeChee and Time are on the same team, which at the time of the committee was false. Both of them were on separate teams and if they are now, I think the two of them have the maturity to handle a committee.

3rd and finally. You mentioned TPack, he was only around for the one cargo tournament and came in occasionally for commentary in Drop Zone II. I fully appreciate all his help thus far and I can say as a committee, we have noticed his efforts and plan to do something with him moving forward. The community wanted more team representation, and we figured the people who have been consistently around would be the players we start off with.
Image x5

Cheecheeochoa
Clan Tag: TPA
PSN: Cheecheeochoa

Post#5 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:06 am

Time crusade and I are not on the same team just to clear that up .

BoMbeR
Clan Tag: ~>Vorpal
PSN: TLE-BOMBER
XBL: A Wild Squirt1e

Post#6 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:20 pm

I have came to the conclusion that it is officially impossible to please anyone.
Oscar/Rupture best PC player ever.

1v2 eZ

[Milleneum}Vortex: that screen shot isn't even real.

Full Xfire screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/1EbYpEY.jpg

Snide_Snyder
Clan Tag: CwS
PSN: Snide_Snyder

Post#7 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:37 pm

LOLOLOLOLOL @
BoMbeR

jaylafoyak21
Clan Tag: MMR
PSN: jaylafoyak21

Post#8 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:17 am

So is this committee dead or what?

Scarlettella

Post#9 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:17 am

No, it isn't. They've been putting rules together for the upcoming HVV and Cargo tournaments. The HVV rules should be going up sometime today I think, and the cargo rules this weekend.

HoboMan6525
Analyst
Analyst
Clan Tag: TskT
PSN: HoboMan6525

Post#10 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:26 am

you may have already stated this i just didn't see it or maybe i just didn't understand the concept, but is every team supposed to have a representative or is it just the more active ones. if not everyone has one, i believe this would be a good thing for you to add so that every clan has its say in how things should play out and have a say in how they're being represented. i'm not sure how these representatives were chosen but i'm sure they will represent our wishes fair and unbiased but i think it may should have been set up more like an election possibly but i could also understand why you wouldn't want to do that but maybe , if every clan had a representative, they vote among themselves for their representative.
"There's always a bigger fish."

Return to “Updates and Announcements”